Thursday, September 22, 2011

Right After We Found Out

Monday, August 1, 2011
Let the Journey Begin
I just took the pregnancy test. I took one last Wednesday and it was negative but I figured it was still too early. Well I waited and waited for the little fairy to arrive and when she hadn't come three days after I expected her I took another test. This morning. Well Justin took Ny'Quil last night because he was stuffy and had trouble sleeping. I woke up at 8 because I had to pee so bad and knew this was my chance. I peed on the stick and two lines appear- one strong, one faint. However, I am an idiot and threw away the box that tells you if you need two lines or a plus sign. Immedietly I google-troned CVS brand pregnancy test. Well I couldn't find anything. I tried to wake up Justin to tell him and he was so crazy from the Ny'Quil he told me it was faulty and it was the afternoon. Apparently NyQuill makes Justin crazy.
So I jumped in the car and ran to CVS where I purchased a 3 pack of First Response. I came home, downed some water and peed on a stick for the second time in an hour. I was worried since it wasn't my "first morning pee" that it wouldnt show. Oh it showed alright. Two lines. And on a first response two lines means PREGNANT! I am panicing. In a good way. I finally brought Justin around and he was excited and we just laid on the bed looking at the test, discussing dr. appts, doctors, etc. I am in such a panic! I want to tell people so I can talk about it with someone but I am not going to tell anyone until I have gone to the doctor.  Let the journey begin...
Okay so since I wrote that Justin and I freaked out together a little bit. : ) Some tears, some laughter, some of Justin already telling me that I was going crazy! I called the doctor and we set up an appointment to do blood work and have an ultrasound on August 18th. UGH! I have to wait 18 days to hear your little heart beat! Justin had to leave for a job but before he did we took the very first pictures.
After pictures J left for a job and I left to go get some books. I got What to Expect when Expecting and Eating Well When You're Expecting. After getting books, I went to Target and walked through the whole baby section. It was almost overwhelming- so much stuff! I bought a brown newborn onsise that says, "Mommy & Daddy love me" - They didn't have any that say "Daddy loves me"- thats what I wanted. I wanted to find something gender neutral. I also picked up this cute sleeper to possibly tell my parents. I have always been "boobear" and so I got a sleeper that has little bears on it with a little bear face on the butt and little bears on the toes. Lastly, I bought some super cute white shoes. I know you may be a boy but they were on sale for $1.98. How could I pass it up!? Plus you will be an easter baby. : )
Without further ado- here is what I look like right now. Apx. 4 weeks excatly. We will see more specifics once we go to the doctor. 






No comments:

Post a Comment